Applications are closed!
Registration process / Important dates
Please fill in the following online application form as soon as possible and no later than March 31, 2019.
For PhD students and postdocs, please additionally forward a short CV (approx. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For French CNRS employees, please send us an additional document confirming that you are paid by CNRS. Please note that transportation expenses of CNRS employees can be covered by the "Formation Permanente" of their "Délégation régionale CNRS".
Early applications are highly recommended, as the number of attendees is limited to 65.
We will favor the participation of young researchers (PhD students, postdocs) and applicants that will clearly express their interest in the topics covered by the summer school. A first-come, first-served basis will also be applied as an additional criterion.
Notifications of acceptance/refusal will be sent to applicants early April.
Admitted applicants will receive payment instructions by e-mail.
The registration fees are the following:
- PhD students: 400€ (double room)
- Postdocs: 500€
- Academics: 700€
- Industrial and other non-academic attendees: 1000€
- CNRS employees (limited number of places): 0€
The registration fee covers:
- attendance to all summer school courses and evening sessions (including access to course documents),
- accommodation (arrival on Sunday evening, departure on Friday morning),
- meals (from Sunday dinner to Friday lunch), including mineral water / wine and coffee,
- coffee breaks,
- bike rental for the Thursday afternoon island tour,
- Tuesday gala dinner,
- wifi access at hotel reception, bar and conference room (no wifi access in hotel rooms).
The registration fee does not cover:
- additional drinks which are at the participant's own expenses,
- telephone calls.
Terms & Conditions / Cancellation policy
The final acceptance to MNMUQ 2019 Summer School will be conditioned upon the payment of the registration fee, which needs to be received no later than May 31, 2019.
100% of registration fee returned for a cancellation made before June 28, 2019.
50% of registration fee returned for a cancellation made before July 19, 2019.
Registration fee not returned for a cancellation made after July 19, 2019.
Visa / Letter of invitation
Please check visa regulations before making any travel arrangements.
If the participant needs a letter of invitation for a visa application, please let us know. We will issue such a letter after payment of the registration fee. This letter will be sent by e-mail. If a hard copy by regular mail is needed, please let us know.
Each participant is responsible for his/her own travel and visa arrangements. The organizers will not take any responsibility for travel or visa problems and cannot issue refunds should a visa application be refused.
Certificate of attendance / Coursework PhD program
A certificate of attendance will be issued to all participants who will meet the following criteria:
- attendance to all summer school courses (24 hours),
- participation in the two evening sessions (3 hours).
Credit allocations will be the responsibility of the student's own institution. Please check with your advisor about transfer policies and procedures before registration.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Sigma Clermont, in its capacity as controller, informs you that your data will be processed. Some information is required in the summer school application form, the mandory information being indicated at the time of data entry collection. If you refuse to provide the required entries, you may not be able to apply for MNMUQ 2019 summer school.
Personal data are collected by SIGMA Clermont, 27 rue Roche Genès - CS 20265, F-63178 Aubière Cedex, France. This includes the following personal data: family name, first name, e-mail address, gender, birth date and professional address.
This data is accessible to:
- MNMUQ 2019 summer school organizers,
- Sigma Clermont administrative staff.
Data retention period
The data retention period will end on September 1, 2022.
Data transfer outside the European Union
In compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions, in particular Law No. 78-17 of 6 January amended relating to data processing, files and freedoms and European Regulation No. 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016 (applicable since 25 May 2018), you have the following rights:
- exercise your right of access, to know the personal data concerning you,
- request the updating of your data, if it is inaccurate,
- request portability or erasure of your data,
- request the limitation of the processing of your data,
- oppose, for legitimate reasons, the processing of your data,
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your data.
Right to lodge a claim
If, after contacting us, you believe that your rights in the field of Information Technology and Liberties are not respected, you are entitled to file a claim online with the CNIL online or by post.