These steps will enable you to run FERUM on your computer, assuming that you have Matlab® installed and available on it:
1. In order to be able to download FERUM 4.1, please fill out the form below (*). The personal information collected in this form may only be used for sending information about known issues/bugs and future modifications brought to FERUM. This information is strictly confidential and in no case it will be divulged to any third party.
2. Click on the “Submit” button below to download the FERUM archive file. This will give you access to a temporary link to download the file.
3. Choose a directory on your harddisk where you wish to save all FERUM files, here referred to UserDir. Extract all the compressed files of the archive to your selected UserDir directory (extraction with pathnames).
4. Before you can start using the toolbox, you must add all FERUM subdirectories (aster_files, dir_simulations, etc.) to your Search Path, so that Matlab knows where to look for them. See the “Search Path” section of the Matlab help. This is done by using one of the 3 following options: a) Select “Set Path” in the “File” menu in Matlab, b) Select subdirectories in the Current Directory Browser, then right click, “Add to path”, “Selected folder and Subfolders”, c) Use the addpath.m function.
5. You now have the FERUM toolbox at your disposal. Check Getting Started for further help.
(*) In accordance with the French law n° 78-17 of 6 January 1978 related to data processing, you have the right to access, rectify, modify and delete personal data that you have supplied on this form by simple request. You may exercise this right by contacting Jean-Marc.Bourinet[a]sigma-clermont.fr